WashoeDEMS Holiday Party & Day of Service Food Drive
December 16 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm PST
Join WashoeDEMS for our Q4 Day of Service and Holiday Open House!
This quarter we will be conducting a food drive to benefit the Food Bank of Northern Nevada, which is celebrating its 40th year of helping feed our community. If you would like to join in, here are suggested items for donation:
- Canned Meals: Stews, Soups, Spaghetti/Ravioli (Low-Sodium Preferred)
- Protein: Peanut Butter, Tuna, Salmon, Chicken, Dried or Canned Beans
- Grains: Whole Grain Cereal, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Whole Grain Pasta
- Fruits: Canned (Packed in 100% Juice or Light Syrup), Dried Fruit, Applesauce (No Sugar Added), 100% Fruit Juice Boxes
- Vegetables: Canned (No Salt Added and/or Low-Sodium Preferred)
- Dairy: Shelf Stable Milk
- Baby Products: Formula, Infant Cereal, Baby Food
Please note – food items donated should be non-perishable and non-expired. Please DO NOT donate home-made food, food in glass containers, or any food that has been opened or is unlabeled.
Additionally, we will be holding our annual Holiday Open House! So bring a donation and stay for the festivities! If you’d like to donate a hot dish, appetizer, dessert or drinks, or would like to volunteer for the food drive, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.