Washoe County Democratic Party County Convention
University of Nevada, Jot Travis Building, Room 100
Saturday, April 14, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 775-322-8683 or contact us by email at 1stChair@washoedems.org. You may also stop by our office at 1465 Terminal Way, Suite 1, Reno, NV 89502
REGISTRATION AND CHECK-IN
- Registration opens at 8:30 a.m. and closes promptly at 10:30 a.m. Any delegates arriving after 10:30 a.m. will not be seated. The convention will convene at 10:00 a.m.
- The Registration Area will be broken into three areas
- PREREGISTERED CHECK-IN: For all delegates and guest/observers who preregistered at our County Convention Eventbrite page. (These attendees will have received confirmation emails with tickets)
- IN PERSON REGISTRATION: For delegates and guests/observers who did not preregister at the Eventbrite event page.
- OFFICIALS & MEDIA: For elected officials, candidates and media
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m a Delegate, what information will I need?
All Delegate Documents can be found at this link:
- FAQ and Parking Map
- Draft Rules: Outlines the ‘rules of the road’ for conduct of the convention
- Draft Platform
- The Final Platform Review meeting on Friday, April 13th at 6:00 pm at Dem HQ at 1465 Terminal Way, Suite 1 Reno, NV
Where are we meeting?
- University of Nevada, Jot Travis Building, Room 100. 1664 N. Virginia Street, Reno, NV
Where can we park?
- PARKING is free on campus on the weekends, however, space is limited. We recommend carpooling, if you can.
- See the attached Convention Parking Map for parking closest to the Jot Travis building.
- In order to provide for our attendees who need to park close to the venue due to physical limitations, we ask our able-bodied attendees to refrain from parking in the lot directly in front of Jot Travis.
- Parking is also available in the Whalen parking structure north of Jot Travis. Entrance is on Virginia Street
- Once you enter, drive down to the first level, to get yourself on the ground floor. Follow the blue balloons to the Jot Travis Building (walking guide is provided on the attached map)
- RTC Sierra Spirit
- Park at Circus Circus and catch the Spirit Sierra, which runs every 20 minutes and stops right in front of Jot Travis. Fare is just 25 cents!
What about food?
- We will be providing a complimentary lunch of pizza, chips and soft drinks.
- If your diet precludes pizza or if you prefer to eat something else, please bring your lunch with you as UNR food services does not operate on weekends, and we will not be taking an extended lunch break that would allow you to leave for lunch.